Expanding your BID
Auckland is a growing city and our economy is on the up.
For business associations, change and growth present opportunities for local economic development. This includes expanding boundary areas of existing BID programmes. Business associations should consider expansion and other changes as part of their annual plan review.
The council’s BID programme team has a limited role in advising on expansion proposals. Instead, we have outlined the process in the
Policy Operating Standards (PDF 934KB).
Factors to consider before expanding a BID programme area:
- Communities of common economic interest
- Potential for shared service efficiencies, economies of scale
- Neighbouring or closely located BID programme boundaries
- Views of other business associations
- Views of affected local boards.
Over the past year, three business associations successfully expanded their BID boundaries:
- Manukau Central
BID expansions being currently worked on include:
Local boards are a potential source of seed funding to assist business associations to advance expansion plans.