Expanding your BID
Auckland is a growing city and our economy is on the up.
For business associations, change and growth present opportunities for local economic development. This includes expanding boundary areas of existing BID programmes. Business associations should consider expansion and other changes as part of their annual plan review.
Factors to consider before expanding a BID programme area:
- Communities of common economic interest
- Potential for shared service efficiencies, economies of scale
- Neighbouring or closely located BID programme boundaries
- Views of other business associations
- Views of affected local boards.