Business Improvement District (BID) Policy
Kaupapa Here ā-Rohe Whakapiki Pakihi
BID Policy background
Finance and Performance Committee approved the current BID Policy on 26 July 2022. It became operative on 1 August 2022. BIDs are business areas within Auckland where local business and property owners agree to work together, with support from the council, to:
- improve their business environment
- promote innovation and economic prosperity
- attract new businesses and customers.
The Auckland Council BID Policy is supported by a three-year BID Targeted Rate Grant Agreement (BID Policy section 2.4) that sets out the terms of the relationship between Auckland Council and a BID-operating business association.
Purpose of the BID policy
The BID policy outlines how Auckland Council works with BID-operating business associations in Auckland.
- provides a framework for the governance, accountability and management of BID programmes
- aims to sustain public trust and confidence in the BID programme
- balances Auckland Council’s role in the programme with the independence of BID-operating business associations.
Read the BID Policy
Email email@example.com for more information about the BID Policy.